The NMSU Office of Government Relations represents New Mexico State University’s interests and priorities with the state legislature, federal government, and government agencies.
Read about 2016 legislation and actions that impact NMSU and higher education.
The NMSU Office of Government Relations tracks bills that have some impact on NMSU and higher education. Click on the Bill Tracking List to see the bills.
More information may be found by clicking here and reading previous updates.
NMSU’s Legislative Priorities
A number of legislative priorities have been approved by the Board of Regents to move forward during the session. Click on the images below for a larger view.
Every year NMSU produces a book with information on its legislative priorities. Click below to view a copy of the book.
2015 Legislative Session and Special Session
- NMSU Impacts in HB2, General Appropriations Act
- 2015 Special Session Results
- NMSU Priorities for 2015 Legislative Session
- State Economists Reveal Lower Revenue Estimates (Feb 4, 2015)
- Legislative Finance Committee, Higher Ed Department and Executive Make Recommendations for NMSU
- Legislative Finance Committee Recommendations
- Read the FY16 Executive Budget Recommendation here